Creating accessibility in all your businesses
HELPING DESTINATIONS IMPROVE ACCESS FOR ALL
Destinations and industry associations
Are you working with a destination management organisation, tourist board or industry association and are looking for ways to improve accessibility among your partner members and stakeholders? There are a number of ways you can use Tourism for All to help you.
Bespoke customer service training
TFA Training is Tourism for All’s new state of the art online training platform. It lets us build modular training courses, including interactive features like videos and quizzes, that will equip staff across organisations to understand what accessibility means to their business and how they can go about providing great service to disabled customers. And we are currently working with our Expert Partner Charities such as Deafblind UK, the Alzheimer’s Society and the National Autistic Society to roll their specialist training into our modules and boost content on non-visible disabilities.
The courses we currently offer have been endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality.
Here are some examples of how you can use our training services
- You can purchase access to our existing training courses for your membership/partners. The fees for this can be managed in a number of ways, for example being paid for at the centre, or individually by your membership/partners when they sign on.
- We can host your own training course on our platform, topping and tailing content if necessary. Our fees are modest compared to many commercial platforms. We currently do this for VisitScotland for example.
- You can ask us to develop a bespoke training course for your organisation and your membership/partners. Again, the login fees for this can be managed in a number of ways, for example being paid for at the centre, or individually by membership/partners when they sign on. For example, our bespoke training course for the British Beer and Pubs Association is paid for at the centre and is free to members of the BBPA.
DEVELOPING ACCESSIBILITY POLICIES
Our consultancy Associates and Trustees have worked with a number of destinations, tourist boards and trade associations, developing accessibility policies.
- We are delighted to count VisitEngland, VisitScotland and VisitWales among our key Partners, working increasingly closely with them to support businesses to become more accessible and welcoming to disabled tourists and travellers.
- We are founder members of England’s Inclusive Tourism Action Group, created by VisitEngland in 2015.