MAKING ACCESSIBLE TRAVEL BETTER
The voice of accessible tourism and travel in the UK since 1981
WHO ARE WE?
Tourism for All, or TFA for short, is a small independent national charity - the voice of accessible tourism and travel in the UK.
WHAT DO WE BELIEVE?
We believe that it is the right of disabled people to participate in all areas of community life.
Few areas are more important, or valued, than tourism and travel - which restore our energies, broaden our minds and serve our deepest human instincts to explore new places and to enjoy and share new experiences.
Those organisations – whether commercial, public service, or charitable enterprise – which operate in support of our common desire to travel, surely do so under an assumed social license. Our obligation is to make Tourism and Travel accessible to all.
WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
Our mission is to be the centre of expertise on accessible tourism and travel in the UK, working for a world-class tourism experience for everyone.
Our objectives in support of this mission are to:
- Provide disabled tourists and travellers with accurate and timely information, in the manner in which they wish to receive it, to enable them to make informed choices;
- Stimulate and support the tourism and travel industry to deliver a world-class experience for everyone;
- Work with policy makers to ensure that tourism and travel policies take full account of relevant needs and are coherent and co-ordinated.
WHERE DID WE COME FROM?
Tourism for All was formed in 2004 from the merger of three existing organisations: Tourism for All Consortium, IndividuALL and Holiday Care. Tourism for All Consortium and IndividuALL had focused on the provision of business / public policy advice services regarding accessibility, while Holiday Care, which was established as a charity in 1981, had focused on the provision of information services to consumers with accessibility needs.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE?
We are unique for a number of reasons:
- We focus on tourism and travel, not on disability
- We encompass all of the country / world
- We encompass all audiences – individuals, industry and policy makers
- We encompass all impairments and conditions
- We encompass all types and sizes of tourism and travel business
- We encompass all tourists and travellers, no matter what their purpose, demographic or group size
- We encompass all political views and government departments, with no bias or preference